Tuesday, December 23, 2014

From London: Inspired to Explore Knowledge Worldwide

On Friday, I great day in London visiting the Natural History Museum, Science Museum and British Library -- remembering the roots of my own lifelong knowledge explorations on visits to London as a child (I grew up in central England). I still remember being fascinated by all the exhibits, in particular at the Natural History Museum with what I still think are the best dinosaurs anywhere in the world! It is fantastic to start thinking about how InsightSTEM can collaborate with these organizations, and make some of their great collections explorable around the world in novel ways.

Entrance the the Darwin Centre in the Natural History Museum, where visitors can see research scientists at work in the Museum's Huge Collection from around the world (JNS)
The most complete Stegosaurus fossil in the world, on display in the Earth Hall at the Natural History Museum in London (JNS)

A section of the Kings Library in the British Library 
The British Library is an awesome place to get inspired about the book projects that I am working on too. check back in the blog soon for details of the "Five Rules of Family Science" book that I am working on for release during next year. The book is aimed at families who want to explore science together -- but to go beyond just following some "cook book" style activities for the kids to doing some genuine investigation.

... I also picked up some postcards to start sending to our KinderSTEM classrooms -- so watch out for some upcoming posts sharing my travels through the world with STEM for young audiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment