Campus Ambassadors: Background InformationOur Campus Ambassadors program exists to support the professional development of the next generation on STEM professionals -- current STEM undergraduate and graduate students -- and to provide them with multiple opportunities for career advancement, and to have local and lifelong impacts on STEM learning.
- The program is for any undergraduate or graduate students in STEM fields, or in other fields who wish to engage in STEM education and outreach
- Our focus is on developing professional and career skills alongside education and outreach skills: for now, and the future
- Support is given through online webinar series, in person programs, and learning expeditions through the year
- Opportunities to participate in a range of InsightSTEM projects and programs to have direct local impacts, and develop the skills and attitudes to have lifelong impacts on STEM education
Campus Ambassador: Current Status
Our Campus Ambassador program is rapidly expanding with almost 70 students enrolled in 5 countries worldwide, which is on track to expand to over 200 Campus Ambassadors by the end of 2016. See the graphics below for a quick overview of who our Campus Ambassadors are.
You can view the full live version of the Campus Ambassador map HERE.
Why support Campus Ambassadors?
Building a strong future generation of STEM professionals, who are also adept in sharing STEM knowledge with others, is essential for the advancement of increasingly technological global societies and economies. And this requires individual action on all of our parts. In a global economy we must support all those individuals that can make great contributions -- no matter what their backgrounds -- and not rely on self sufficiency of students to get themselves 'ahead of the game'.
Current students have less certain futures as they graduate, so it is essential to provide strong transferable and professional skills to ensure career success beyond graduation. While employment rates remain high, at the time of graduation a far smaller fraction of students have secured employment or continuing study than was the case in the past (see left).
We also need the next generation to be able to support both Informal and Social learning beyond traditional classrooms as those education venues become increasingly important in an increasingly complex world.
Our Campus Ambassadors program is designed to support individuals both in their own career success, and the impacts they can have -- no matter what their background.
How to get involved or give support...
There are many ways in which you can support the Campus Ambassadors program in a variety of different ways depending on your skills, knowledge, and means to offer support!
- NOMINATE potential new Campus Ambassadors for us to invite to join the program. Link for nominations is http://bit.ly/CAnominate
- FIND APPLICANTS interested in joining the Campus Ambassadors program and have them join the program. The link to apply is http://bit.ly/ISCAapp
- MENTOR Campus Ambassadors as a member of our Young STEM Professionals program. You can register as a Young STEM Professional at http://bit.ly/YSPapp
- SUPPORT the Campus Ambassador program with funding. Currently it costs us about $125/year for each Campus Ambassador to offer them our planned programs and services. Contribute via our Flash Campaign at http://bit.ly/CAgive2015
Please email email@example.com with any questions that you may have about the program!